1. President Joe Biden made a surprise visit to Kyiv to mark this week’s one-year anniversary of the unprovoked Russian invasion. Biden met with THIS Ukrainian leader.
A. Petro Poroshenko
B. Volodymyr Zelenskyy
C. Leonid Kravchuk
D. Leonid Kuchma
Correct Response: B. Volodymyr Zelenskyy
2. China's Ministry of Commerce announced sanctions on key defense manufacturers Lockheed and Raytheon over arms sales to Taiwan as part of Bejing's pledge to take "countermeasures" in response to THIS event.
A. American Patriot missile sales to Taiwan
B. U.S. Navy ships operating in the South China Sea
C. Shoot down of a PRC spy balloon
D. Secretary of State Blinken cancelled visit to China
Correct Response: C. Shoot down of a PRC spy balloon
3. The leaders of countries including France, Germany and the United States are in THIS city for a security summit where they discuss boosting support for Ukraine and possible stronger sanctions on Russia.
C. New York
Correct Response: A. Munich
4. The United States accused Russia of violating the last remaining significant nuclear weapons limitations treaty, known as THIS, when it refused access to inspectors at its facilities.
A. New START
Correct Response: A. New START
5. Scottish politics were shaken with the surprise resignation of THIS official who had been a leading voice for independence from the United Kingdom.
A. Rishi Sunak
B. Alexander Abercromby
C. Mairi Gougeon
D. Nicola Sturgeon
Correct Response: D. Nicola Sturgeon
6. The top foreign policy advisor and former foreign minister from THIS Asian country will visit Russia during an eight-day international tour that included the Munich Security Conference. The U.S. warned them against providing lethal aid to Russia in its war against Ukraine.
C. North Korea
Correct Response: D. China
7. Israel has passed a law to revoke the citizenship of members of THIS group residing in Israel if convicted of terrorism or who also get financial aid from the Palestinian Authority (PA).
Correct Response: B. Arabs
8. A court in THIS country in Central America stripped 94 political opponents of their citizenship, including award-winning writer Sergio Ramírez, poet Gioconda Belli and Catholic bishop Silvio Báez, bringing the total to 316. It drew sharp criticism from the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.
Correct Response: A. Nicaragua
9. The U.S Agency for International Development held a Summit in Washington D.C. in December chaired by Administrator Samantha Power and President Biden. The goal of the Summit was to revitalize the U.S's relations with community leaders from THIS continent where Russia and China are gaining influence.
B. Southeast Asia
C. Latin America
D. Central Asia
Correct Response: A. Africa
10. North Atlantic Treaty Organization Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said the "time is now" for Turkey and Hungary to ratify applications by THESE two states to join the defense alliance.
A. Ireland and Kosovo
B. Belarus and Bosnia-Herzegovina
C. Georgia and Azerbaijan
D. Finland and Sweden
Correct Response: D. Finland and Sweden