WACHH is a non-profit organization that strives to engage, educate and inspire the community regarding world affairs. We use a variety of programs to accomplish this, each has a slightly different approach.
- Distinguished Speaker Series - our principle program takes place on the first and third Fridays of each month at the First Presbyterian Church from October through May. Please check the program calendar for exact dates and topics. Guests are invited to attend as well (see Guest Policy).
- Global Speakers Program - Twice a year at our Distinguished Speaker Series we host an international speaker. Our goal is for people to have a complete picture of the world, from a global point of view, not
just an American version.
- Discussion Groups - Great Decisions and Fall Book Forum use a discussion group platform and give our members the opportunity to discuss the most critical global issues facing America today.
- Summer Speaker Series - covers timely national topics with an accent on local talent. This program is open to the public and places and times vary. Please refer to the Summer Speaker Series page for more information.
- Book Club - a members-only opportunity for us all to learn more broadly and deeply about both world affairs and domestic politics, to engage in stimulating discussions, and to make new friendships.
- Student Outreach Programs - Model UN and Academic WorldQuest are our two programs devoted to educating students in our community on issues of global importance.
We invite you to explore all the programs we offer. Each program is unique in its approach to informing our members and guests, but all are informative and entertaining.