1. President Biden was to meet Rishi Sunak and Anthony Albanese of the UK and Australia in San Diego to discuss their agreement to boost regional security in the Indo-Pacific including provisions for Australia to acquire nuclear powered submarines under THIS arrangement.
Correct Response: D. AUKUS
2. President Xi Jinping in unusually frank remarks accused the U.S. of leading a containment policy against China and Foreign Minister Qin Gang said the U.S. must “hit the brakes” or face “conflict and confrontation.” The remarks came as THIS body gave Xi Jinping a remarkable third term as President of China.
A. National People’s Congress
B. Politburo of the Communist Party of China
C. 20th Party Congress of the CCP
D. Assembly of the People of China
Correct Response: A. National People’s Congresshttps://www.cnn.com/2023/03/13/china/china-xi-jinpong-first-speech-third-term-intl-hnk/index.html
3. Half a million Israelis protested THIS move by the government. It was the 10th week of demonstrations against the Netanyahu regime’s move.
A. Introduction of conscription
B. Confiscation of Israeli Arabs’ property
C. Overhaul and erode judicial authority
D. Expand Abraham accord relationships
Correct Response: C. Overhaul and erode judicial authority
4. Petr Pavel, a former general in the NATO command structure, was inaugurated President of THIS country. Pavel will visit Slovakia, customarily the first visit since the two countries separated in 1992, and then NATO capitals showing his commitment to alignment with the West.
C. Czech Republic
Correct Response: C. Czech Republic
5. Following years of disruptions in diplomatic connections THESE two nations agreed to restore relations.
A. Iran and Iraq
B. Iran and Saudi Arabia
C. Syria and Lebanon
D. Lebanon and Israel
Correct Response: B. Iran and Saudi Arabia
6. Suella Braverman defended THIS government's new Illegal Migration Bill, which effectively prevents asylum seekers from trying to cross the English Channel amid criticism from human rights campaigners and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
Correct Response: B. Britain
7. North Korea reportedly fired two cruise missiles from a submarine simulating an attack on South Korean and American forces as the two allies conducted the largest military exercises in five years. Meanwhile THIS North Korean leader directed his military to prepare to respond to the "frantic war preparation moves" of their enemies.
A. Yoon Suk Yeol
B. Kim Jong Un
C. Kim Il-Sung
D. Xi Jinping
Correct Response: B. Kim Jong Un
8. THIS European president announced the preparation of a bill to enshrine the right to abortion in their country's constitution, honoring the life and legacy of Gisèle Halimi, who worked to legalize abortion.
A. Emmanuel Macron
B. Pedro Sánchez
C. Andrés Manuel López
D. Alexander Lukashenko
Correct Response: A. Emmanuel Macron
9. The British arm of failed Silicon Valley Bank was rescued by THIS UK financial giant, avoiding insolvency and protecting thousands of tech startups and investors.
A. BNP Paribas
Correct Response: B. HSBC
10. The Lahore High Court conditionally allowed the holding of the Aurat (“women” in Urdu) March in connection to International Women's Day to bring attention to women's rights in the northeastern part of THIS country in South Asia.
Correct Response: D. Pakistan