Take this short quiz and see if you are as smart as our High School students competing in the local AWQ competition. ( answers at the bottom).1. Despite contributing only ______ % of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions, Sub-Saharan Africa is a region suffering most from climate change impact.
A. 2.7%, B. 7.1%, C. 10.7%, D. 21.0%2. In 2010, Afghan National Security Advisor Rangin Spanta said that “corruption is not just a problem for the system of governance in Afghanistan; it is the system of governance
A. True, B. False
3. Taiwan’s greatest strength when viewed on the International stage is_____?
A. It is a huge supplier of semi-conductors
B. A thriving democratic society
C. A critical link in global supply chains
D. A friend of the US, Japan and Australia
4. Allied with the AFL-CIO, The Solidarity Center is the largest US-based international worker rights organization. The Center’s mission includes _______________ .
A. petitioning governments to increase spending on business ventures. B. insisting that workers comply with safety regulations C. requiring employers to provide training programs D. empowering workers to raise their voices for dignity on the job
5. Currently, Covid-19 is estimated to cost the world __________?A. $11 billion.
B. $5 trillion.
C. $2 trillion.
D. $11 Trillion
6. Autocratic states such as China control their domestic information environments by: A. Manipulating information. B. Limiting internet use. C. Charging unaffordable premiums for internet access. D. Enacting laws that restrict freedom of information.
7. The Israeli surveillance company added to the US trade blacklist is called:
A. Malware B. NOS C. Veracode D. Norton
8. Which Persian State has the largest Shia population?A. Yemen
9. China has demonstrated interests in the Arctic for all but which of the following reasons?
A. Fisheries. B. Shipping routes. C. Territorial land rights as a continental state D. Oil and Gas explorations10. What additional feature(s) is key to helping blockchain fight corruption?
A. Reduced mining
B. Mandated use
C. Lack of anonymity
D. All of the above
Answers 1)B, 2) A, 3) B, 4) D, 5) D, 6) A, 7) B, 8) B, 9) C, 10) C