1. Talking about talking. President Biden suggested he would meet President Putin under certain circumstances to talk about ending the conflict in Ukraine. Moscow’s response was to demand THIS.
A. Rejection of Ukraine’s application to join NATO
B. Recognition of the Ukraine regions Russia annexed by America and the West.
C. Rejection of accession of Sweden and Finland to NATO
D. Resumption of oil and gas purchases by Western European countries
Correct Response: B. Recognition of the Ukraine regions Russia annexed by America and the West.
2. The first Biden Administration State Dinner was held to honor THIS visiting leader and to recognize America’s earliest strategic ally.
A. Rishi Sunak
B. Olaf Scholz
C. Giorgia Meloni
D. Emmanuel Macron
Correct Response: D. Emmanuel Macron
3. Iran announced construction of its second nuclear power plant as negotiations to restore provisions of THIS nuclear agreement with the P5+1 group continued to stall. The 2015 pact to put Iran’s nuclear enrichment activities in a box in exchange for economic sanctions relief was shelved by President Trump in 2018.
A. Iran Nuclear Control Plan
B. Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action
C. Comprehensive Persian Gulf Nuclear Disarmament Treaty
D. The Geneva Agreement
Correct Response: B. Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action
4. China relaxed some Zero-Covid including easing testing requirements and quarantine rules following THIS development.
A. Protests spread across the country to at least 20 cities
B. Covid spread numbers started to bottom out
C. China’s Ministry of Health released a new, effective vaccine
D. Economic data suggested Zero-Covid policies were harming growth
Correct Response: A. Protests spread across the country to at least 20 cities
5. Iranian officials sent mixed signals about the disbanding or limitation on power of THIS government function as Tehran continues a harsh crackdown of continuing nationwide protests. Hundreds have been killed and imprisoned.
A. Ministry of Intelligence
B. Revolutionary Guard Corps
C. Extra judicial capital punishment committees
D. Morality police
Correct Response: D. Morality police
6. In an effort to limit Russian economic benefits and punish Moscow over the unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, the G-7, EU and Australia agreed to THIS.
A. Cap oil sales as $60 a barrel
B. Imposition of tariffs on Russian grain exports
C. Ban exports of Russian military equipment
D. Freeze assets of Russian oligarchs
Correct Response: A. Cap oil sales as $60 a barrel
7. Britain’s opposition party, the Labour Party, announced a plan for “the biggest ever transfer of power” away from the central government including abolishing THIS institution.
B. House of Commons
C. The Exchequer
D. House of Lords
Correct Response: D. House of Lords
8. Turkey has launched strikes against Kurdish militia forces in THIS country complicated the United States partnership with those forces in the battle against ISIS.
Correct Response: C. Syria
9. The African National Congress party’s Executive Committee is meeting to discuss its response to charges of corruption against President and party leader Cyril Ramphosa in THIS country.
B. South Africa
Correct Response: B. South Africa
10. The United States team at the World Cup in Qatar was eliminated from the tournament in the round of 16 by THIS team.
Correct Response: C. Netherlands